The LMSA Instruction, Support, Training & Orientation Session for Advisors (LISTOS)
To Prospective & Returning LISTOS Participants,
Thank you for your continued support of the Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA), its members, and its mission. In serving as an advisor, mentor, or other support systems for LMSA students, you provide guidance that helps our organization flourish on the chapter, regional and national levels and that helps our members develop, personally and professionally, to serve as the next generation of Hispanic & Latina/o/x leaders.
Part of the vision of the Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) is to create unity among medical trainees, faculty advisors, and healthcare professions with the goal of promoting the recruitment, retention, and promotion of Hispanic & Latina/o/x individuals in medicine. As part of this, it is imperative to ensure our advisors are prepared and trained on an annual basis in order to effectively guide future leaders of medicine. In discussing and adopting best practices for advisors, we all move closer to a field in which we are well-represented and valued for our unique contributions to medicine.
One major activity that we hope you will be able to participate in this year is the LMSA Instruction, Support, Training & Orientation Session for Advisors – aptly abbreviated LISTOS. As continuous training, improvement, and growth are necessary for LMSA’s success, all those serving in an advisory capacity to LMSA students are required to attend at least one LISTOS event each year to remain in good standing with the organization. LMSA offers two LISTOS sessions annually, updated and added with each session, making each session different – and better – than the last.
For the 2023-24 academic year, LISTOS will take place on Saturday, August 19, 2023 (Summer) & April 19, 2024 (Spring).
For the April 2024 LISTOS, we will review updates on the following:
- The values, structure, and activities of LMSA National;
- Needs and assets of Hispanic health professions trainees;
- Legal concerns for applicants and matriculants to medical school and residency programs;
- Challenges to and best practices for obtaining promotion and tenure; and
- Plans to strengthen LMSA and its Faculty/Physician Advisory Council in 2022-23 and beyond.
CME credits will be provided. Additional questions may be sent to email@example.com.
These sessions will be held completely virtually this year.
Please note: each registrant is asked to complete a pre-event survey as soon as possible.
Institutional members of the National Center for LMSA Leadership & Advancement may claim registration discounts/credits using the registration form. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the attendee registration page and begin the form.
- Complete all requested information on Step 2.
- On Step 3, please select “Yes” under Is your institution a member of the National Center for LMSA Leadership & Advancement? and provide your membership tier.
- Select “Yes” under Would you like to redeem a registration discount for LIDEReS and/or Would you like to redeem a registration discount for LISTOS?
- Enter the promotional code provided to you by the National Center.
- Complete the registration form and provide additional payment if needed.
Advisors, NHMA Medical School Liaisons, and other interested individuals who are not affiliated with an institutional member of the National Center are also welcome to participate in this event, and are subject to the registration fees below:
|Registration Period for April 2024
SPEAKERS: Please use the speaker and moderator registration form. Do not use the participant registration form.
For virtual participants, a Zoom meeting link will be distributed to registrants the week of the event. Please whitelist or approve all messages from firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive important communications regarding this event.
For any questions regarding LISTOS, the National Center for LMSA Leadership & Advancement, or the LMSA Faculty/Physician Advisory Council, please reach out to email@example.com. We look forward to having you at this year’s event.
The LMSA National Faculty/Physician Advisory Council